As part of the ALT Biodiverse planting in perennial crops project and the programme’s extension goals, a field day was held in Gisborne November 2022 explaining the project. Citrus was the model crop used for the project, and below are five presentations detailing the project that were delivered at the field day.
The presentations are:
- An introduction to the project – Jeff Smith, A Lighter Touch
- Agroecology and its practical application – Dr Charles Merfield, Merfield Agronomy Ltd
- Crop monitoring for pests and beneficial species – Dr Asha Chhagan, Plant and Food Research
- Cover cropping toolkit – Dr Sally Anderson, Citrus New Zealand
- Overview of the Gisborne trial sites – Matt Carter, Citrus New Zealand